Website Pitfalls – Watch Out!
- FREE WEBSITE! (or Websites Starting at $99!) - There is no such thing as a free website. You pay for it in higher charges for other services and in your time. It takes a minimum of 30-40 hours of work by a technical expert to create an outstanding website. Many of our website development projects are to replace “free” websites that were virtually useless billboards and/or the clients couldn’t get the sites to do what they needed.
- PRICE QUOTE: $5000 (or $4000 or even $2000) – some website designers take advantage of the fact that most people have very little understanding of what it takes to create and maintain a website; and some technicians will take advantage of that fact. The vast majority of websites for most companies can be created for a fee of $600-$1600, and that includes some very nice features.
- YOU NEED AN SEO EXPERT – Any good website developer is also an SEO expert; it is not a secret club. Between the functionality we build into websites and the content we help you develop you will have a very Search Engine Friendly website that will be organic and effective.
- IT’S A SIMPLE THREE STEP PROCESS – Wrong. Someone who takes your basic information, creates a website and then makes minor changes to suit you is doing your business a disservice. Though we make everything as easy as possible, good website design and development is a back-and-forth process between you and us so we understand your business and you learn from our online business and technical experience and expertise. An effective website is not a web-based brochure – it is an online, interactive extension of your business that can help you achieve company goals and tactics and represents you to most of the world.
- YOU SHOULD HAVE A COOL “FLASH” SITE – there are many problems with Flash, starting with the fact that search engines and most Apple products can’t see or read it. That dramatically harms your SEO rankings and many of your visitors. But, don't worry - you can plenty of cool, flashy thins on your site without using Flash technology.